[Gvsig_english] QUESTION gvSIG -- Mail list or OSOR

Manuel Madrid mmadrid at gvsig.com
Mon Jul 26 13:17:09 CEST 2010

Hi Simon and all.

Since last April our trackers are public so you can report both bugs and
feature requests directly on them as it's usual in other FOSS projects.
This is, from now on, the preferred option for reporting issues whereas
lists are the preferred option for support, questions and comments in
general.

The OSOR.EU site is provided in English. The problem is that we still
have a lot of issues in Spanish because this was the original language
of the project but it's a long time since we write issues in English so
now only old issues are in Spanish. If you build a query, for axample,
that shows only the gvSIG 1.10 bugs you could see that 90% of them are
written in English. This is, in fact, the first thing we ask for before
opennig an issue [1].

In the meantime, if you are not sure if an issue already exists, just
open it. It's better to duplicate it that to lose it.

Best,
Manuel.

El 26/07/10 6:09, Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) escribió:
> Hi,
>
> What is the preferred option for support, comment, etc?
>
> Do you want us to use this mail list or the OSOR.EU
> <http://forge.osor.eu/projects/gvsig-desktop/> site.
>
> If it is the latter then will the OSOR.EU site be provided in English?
>
> How can we meet Manuel's request
> <http://blog.gvsig.org/2010/07/10/gvsig-1-10-new-version-and-new-way-to-report-bugs/>
> to submit bugs to the trackers that are only in Spanish?
>
> --
>
> Cheers Simon
>
> Simon Cropper
> Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd
> PO Box 160, Sunshine, Victoria 3020.
> P: 9311 5822. M: 041 830 3437.
> mailto: scropper en botanicusaustralia.com.au
> <mailto:scropper en botanicusaustralia.com.au>
> web: www.botanicusaustralia.com.au <http://www.botanicusaustralia.com.au>

Manuel Madrid.
Product and testing manager.
gvSIG project (http://www.gvsig.org).