[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 crashes after displaying a wms layer

Jordi Torres jtorresfabra at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 12:22:43 CEST 2010

Hi Falk,

I don't know what the problem is, but I recommend to you to send the file
hs_err_pidxx.log (if exists) in the /bin folder in your gvSIG installation
directory. It could help to determine the reason of the crash.

Cheers.

2010/6/10 Falk Krusche <krusche at mapconcept.de>

>  Dear Ben,
>
> I've tried to decrease memory usage of gvSIG on one of the computers (which
> has 2GB RAM) without success.
>
> What else could be done? Have you any ideas?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Falk
>
> Benjamin Ducke schrieb:
>
> Dear Falk,
>
> The error message seen in your attached PNG hints to a
> complete crash of the Java VM. This happens only under
> a small number of circumstances, one of them being
> insufficient memory available to the VM.
> Maybe those computers that keep crashing have smaller
> amounts of RAM available to them?
>
> When installing gvSIG, you can try setting the default
> memory to 512 MB on the "Performance tweaking" page
> of the installer.
>
> Best,
>
> Ben

Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial
http://www.ai2.upv.es