[Gvsig_english] [GSOC 2010] Spatialite Support: some things need to be discussed

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 17:44:35 CEST 2010

Good point.

When the features are read in from BLOBs, their coordinates
can be checked and filtered. So the spatial index is not absolutely
necessary -- but it would certainly speed up the operation a lot!

So it would be good to be make use of spatial indices for SpatiaLite
format geometries.

The "raw" WKB/WKT format (http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FDORfc16)
does not include a proposal for a stored spatial index. Instead,
it suggests to build the index in memory the first time a spatial
filter is run on the data.

Ben