[Gvsig_english] POTENTIAL ERROR/BUG OADE gvSIG Beta 2 collapses project XML structure on saving

Simon Cropper scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Thu Jun 24 11:24:08 CEST 2010

On Thursday 24 June 2010 17:47:06 Francisco José Peñarrubia wrote:

> Hi Ben and Simon.
>
> This behaviour is defined in the file castor.properties. It should exist
> and have only one line:
> org.exolab.castor.indent=true
>
> If it doesn't exist, or is not found, castor will use indent=false and
> will save the xml without carriage returns.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Fran.
>
> Benjamin Ducke escribió:
> > Hi Simon,
> >
> > there are no differences in the project file handling code
> > between gvSIG OADE 2010 and gvSIG CIT. So I suspect it is
> > the Java VM that makes the difference.
> >
> > End-of-line characters between tags are not mandatory for
> > XML parsers, so maybe Sun changed that behavior between
> > JVM 1.5 and 1.6, and they have to be manually enforced now.
> >
> > I'll look into it.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Ben

Fran/Ben,

On my system gvSIG uses Java 1.6.0_18 and OADE gvSIG 1.9 Beta 2 uses Java
1.6.0_18; both point to the same instance of Java!

I only have one file named castor.properties in the gvSIG_1.9/bin/ directory;
so I copied into the bin directory of the gvsig-oade-2010-1.0.0 directory.

Retested and all worked fine. Thanks Fran.

--
Cheers Simon

	Simon Cropper
	Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd