[Gvsig_english] SUGGESTED FUNCTIONALITY gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- Notelayer

Enrique Lorenzo Herrero lorheren at itacyl.es
Mon Jun 28 13:13:32 CEST 2010

I propose some workarounds to use as a bookmark tool:

1) Regions of interest:
(gvSIG with Remote Sensing extension, or gvSIG OADE-Beta2) over a WMS or image layer you are able to right button, and then select "Regions of interest" (the tool was build for image processing, not as a bookmark tool really...). Unfortunately, those regions aren't saved in the project file, but you can export as Shapefile before closing the project. So, it'd be interesting:
	- to save the regions in the project document
	- to see the shapes and comments over the view, like labelled layer
	- to write descriptive text associated with the region

2) Zoom manager: you can zoom in to the point or area of interest, and save the zoom with a descriptive name. Those are saved in the project document. It'd be interesting:
	- to save a descriptive text associated with the zoom
	- to see the zoom as a bounding box on the view
	- to rebuild this tool to work as a general "bookmark" tool (point, line or polygon bookmark, with descriptive text and some single properties, saved in the project document).

Enrique Lorenzo Herrero
Técnico
INSTITUTO TECNOLÓGICO AGRARIO
Junta de Castilla y León