[Gvsig_english] gvSig src

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Mon Mar 22 09:26:19 CET 2010

Hello:

- The compliance level must be 1.4 because the Java Virtual Machines available for PDA and smartphones only accept JAR files that were compiled with level 1.4 or less. If you add a JAR file compiled with level > 1.4 to the folder resources/jars, it will not work on a PDA or smartphone. In that case, you should find the source code for that JAR file and inlcude it in your workspace and compile it after removing or rerplacing the Java code that is not 1.4-compatible.

- The problem with CrossingsForPath happens when you use JRE/JDK 1.6 in Eclipse (even if you use level 1.4). This is our fault, because that method is public but is not part of the API, so it should not be used in the code. You have two options: use the method called pointCrossingsForPath instead of crossingsForPath (which does the same) or install JRE/JDK 1.5 in your computer and let Eclipse use it.

- You still have a problem with DLLs. Make sure that the folder resources\lib\Win_X86 exists in your workspace (I can't see it in your screenshot) and contains several DLL files and that the VM arguments (in 'Run configurations') look like this:

       -Xmx256M -Djava.library.path="${workspace_loc}/resources/lib/Win_X86

To see if DLLs were loaded correctly, try to load a ECW file. You have a small one here:

http://www.prodevelop.es/files/fm/public/downloads/images/oxford_1675_ecw.zip

(unzip it first)

- We forgot to update the file appGvsigMobile\build.number, that's where the application reads the current version and build number. SImply change it to "version.id=0.3" or "version.id=- Marcel's version", etc.

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)