[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9.1

Gismael gisme at lavabit.com
Mon Mar 29 22:35:08 CEST 2010

Guys,

I'm just a end user without programming skills or ambitions. But right now
I'm evaluating gvSIG vs. QGis for use in a real world productive
environment.

My proposal to change from GeoMedia to open source gave my bosses quite a
shiver. Monitoring this list without any insight but mere curiosity and to
get an idea what's going on in this project to help me find a decision has
first let me think "hey, some public activity, at last" and then made shake
my head realising that there seems to be some tribal ambush going on.

Don't you think that if other potential users get this impression, too, it
might scare them off and confirm prejudices against open source software?

Even if I take into account that who pays the bill has undeniable privileges
concerning the development of his project, I'd like to see some more ample
based contribution to gvSIG, which (the contribution), by now, to me seems
to be inferior to the above mentioned Qgis.