[Gvsig_english] QUESTION gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- Can youautomatically split a vector layer based on an attribute in a field?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu May 6 08:54:07 CEST 2010

Simon Cropper wrote:

> Aihe: Re: [Gvsig_english] QUESTION gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- Can
> youautomatically split a vector layer based on an attribute
> in a field?

> As it was, none of the usual candidates could do this (gvSIG,
> OADE gvSIG,
> Sextante, OpenJUMP). I did however find that SAGA actually
> has this capability.
> It actually provided to methods!

Hi,

Did you have a try with OpenJUMP menu option Edit - Extract - Extract
Layer by Attribute? Extract works fine for me, but OpenJUMP does not
provide a way to save all the new layers into new shapefiles with one
operation. Probably it could be done by making a Java beans or Jython
script.

-Jukka Rahkonen-