[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 usb: Questions regarding labeling options

Johannes Valenta spatialjoe at googlemail.com
Wed May 12 11:30:33 CEST 2010

Hi Falk, hi list,

after posting my message I also found the thread Falk mentioned which did
not motivate me that much ;-)
I also tried Falk's workaround (more or less as I am working on shapefiles)
which gave some nice results regarding street names and parcel numbers  but
still the labeling is far from being acceptable (esp. with house numbers).
Now I am wondering if my thoughts on the default position of the labels are
correct (by labeling using the attributes).
Can somebody who knows it confirm the default position of labels?

Maybe my problem with the position of the labels lies already within the
data source which is (you maybe guessed it) a dxf.
This I will examine today.

best,

Johannes