[Gvsig_english] New Student for GVSIG within Google Summer OfCode2010: quick introduction

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Mon May 17 10:52:45 CEST 2010

Hello, Ben & Luca:

I was talking about the pure-Java SQLite driver as a platform-independent solution for mobile devices, not for the desktop plugin. I only wanted to point out that SQLite/Spatialite are not so easy to handle from a mobile Java application, so it would be nice if Luca's gvSIG plugin was able to accept also simple SQLite databases and open them as vector layers in gvSIG. The format described in the OGR website is very interesting, thanks.

As for Luca's project, I think JNI (on top of OGR or SQLite/Spatialite) is unavoidable, no? OpenJUMP's plugin might be a reference, as somebody said. They are using a JAR that includes a native library (.dll, .so) in it:

https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/jump-pilot/index.php?title=OpenJUMP_with_SpatialLite

Nacho's work sounds very interesting too.

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)