[Gvsig_english] Oracle Arc´s

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Fri May 28 12:12:59 CEST 2010

Hello, just to further clarify this point:

This is the method currently used to generate a curve when gvSIG reads an Oracle Spatial curve:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/awt/geom/GeneralPath.html#quadTo%28float,%20float,%20float,%20float%29

which is not the type of curve intended by Oracle Spatial. To achieve the correct type of curve, this method should be used:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/awt/geom/GeneralPath.html#append%28java.awt.Shape,%20boolean%29

where Shape would be an Arc2D, but this needs some additional computation because Arc2D cannot be created directly from 3 points of it (as Oracle Spatial does)

As for bicubic splines, in which CAD formats are they defined? I don't know if gvSIG CAD drivers read them properly. Can you send a sample CAD file with one of those splines?

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)