[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.10, relative paths

César Martínez Izquierdo cesar.izq at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 09:44:34 CET 2010

2010/11/4 Wolfgang Qual <Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net>:

> uups. Have to answer myself:
> Of course, relative paths are stored. I was just confused by the tag
> "absolute path". The project file looks good. Nethertheless, I have to test,
> whether this really works when layers and project file are stored on a
> different medium, e.g. usb-stick. Any testing results would be wonderful.
>
> Best and sorry for my last post. ;)
>
> Wolfgang
> --

Hello Wolfrang,

I assume you mean that both the project AND the layers are stored in a
usb-stick. Otherwise it would never work (i.e., if project is in C:
and layers are in D:), as it is not possible to reference D: from C:
using a relative path (at least in Windows, in Linux there are no
drive letters so you can reference any file using relative paths).

Regards,

César