[Gvsig_english] determining length of lines in a polyline layer

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Tue Nov 9 01:16:22 CET 2010

Hello, Sal:

Using the function perimeter() with the field calculator (not Sextante) in your shapefile, I get these values:

d1: 31918.91 m
d2: 3647.84 m
d3: 12396.15 m

while Google Earth says:

d1: 31883 m
d2: 3644 m
d3: 12382 m

The difference is again a bit more than 0.1 %

How did you compute the fields "Length" and "Length2" ?

Regards,
Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)