[Gvsig_english] generating .asc files creates odd values?

triestem triested at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 14:21:45 CET 2010

Hello list,

Beginning with a DEM, I'm converting to %slope, then reclassifying slope to
a simple system (with reclassed values of only 1, 5, 8, and 10) reflecting
landscape resistance for a particular species.  When I reclassify I also
generate a .asc grid for analysis in another program.  However, I've noticed
that my .asc grid (reclassed slope) has strange values--for example:
18182.473, 18183.445, 20390.115, 14417.989.  This grid should contain only
1, 5, 8, 10, and my NoData value, correct?  Does anyone have any idea what
is generating these large numbers?

On a related note, my slope and reclassed slope rasters look
incomplete--they have NoData values where they shouldn't.  I feel as though
I'm missing something obvious, but I haven't been able to solve it, and any
help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!