[Gvsig_english] gvSIG, pdf and svg and... inkscape

Adrian Eiris aeiris at cartolab.es
Thu Nov 25 20:25:28 CET 2010

Some time ago, I tried pstoedit to obtain gis geometries from a
CAD-generated pdf.
Although is some kind of inverse process (pdf-dxf-gvsig) that it's discussed
here (gvsig-pdf-svg), I wonder if you have any experience on this procedure.
For me the result was that at fine grained detail this app could result in a
loss of accuracy of the geometries hapenning things like this:

[image: detalle_gis.png]

[image: zoom_shp.png]

[image: zoom_dxf.png]

(If it would interest you I've described the process in this post
(spanish)<http://jauladepalabras.netii.net/?p=50>or here
for its english
translate<http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=es&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fjauladepalabras.netii.net%2F%3Fp%3D50>
.)

So, have you ever tried something like a pdf-svg/dxf-gvsig import (with or
without success)?

Regards,

Adrián Eirís Torres
Cartolab - Laboratorio de Ingeniería Cartográfica
http://www.cartolab.es

ETS Ingeniería de Caminos, Canales y Puertos
Universidade da Coruña
Campus de Elviña - 15071 A Coruña (España)
(34)981167000 ext. 5493