[Gvsig_english] gvSIG Mobile. New translation and module

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Mon Nov 29 08:53:24 CET 2010

Hello, Piotr:

You can contact Mario Carrera carrera_marrod at gva.es to have access to the translation page.

I'm not sure it UTF-8 is ok for the properties file. I think it's better to use Unicode, for example:

husband=m\u0105\u017C

http://bit.ly/fLKj8s

This is a nice converter: http://rishida.net/tools/conversion/

As for the source code, you should modify the original source code to add some functionality (you still cannot add any functionality without compiling the source code). I recommend to divide your new source code in two pieces: your new GUI components can be added to appGvsigMobile project and you can add a new project called libOpenSearch (or similar) where you can add everything that is not related to GUI.

The basic instructions to set up the workspace are:

Add a SVN repository to your Eclipse workspace (you need a SVN plugin such as Subclipse):

https://svn.forge.osor.eu/svn/gvsig-mobile

Checkout as different projects the following folders from the /pilots/tags/pilot3 branch:

 - appGvsigMobile
 - boot
 - customForms
 - DefaultIcons
 - deploy_Lin_X86
 - deploy_Win_X86
 - deploy_WM5_ARM
 - deploy_WM5_ARM_RXTX
 - libFMap
 - libFmapGpeMobile
 - libGPE
 - libInternationalization
 - libLocation
 - resources
 - rxtx
 - rxtx_gnuio

Set workspace Java VM to JDK 1.4 or JDK 1.5 (Window->Preferences->Java->Installed JREs). You might need to download it from the Oracle/Sun website.

Set workspace Java compliance level to 1.4 (Window->Preferences->Java->Compiler).

Build boot project (build.xml->right click->Run As->Ant Build)

Select all projects and clean (Project->Clean).

Now you should be able to build appGvsigMobile project (build.xml->right click->Run As->Ant Build).

Create a new Run configuration for a Java Application (Run->Run...->Java Application). Select project appGvsigMobile and class Launcher. In the Arguments tab add:

 - Program arguments: m=J9 s=480x600 l=en p="${workspace_loc}"
 - VM arguments: -Xmx256M -Djava.library.path=${workspace_loc}/resources/lib/Win_X86

Change the following values according to your targeted configuration:

 - m: virtual machine, J9 or PMEA (Phone ME Advance)
 - s: window size, in pixels, in the example above 480x600
 - l: language, in the example French would be l=fr
 - Djava.library.path: should point to the native libraries

Run this configuration. Done!

Regards,
Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---