[Gvsig_english] kml in gvSIG OADE

Anna Hodgkinson anna.hodgkinson at thehumanjourney.net
Fri Oct 1 15:20:21 CEST 2010

Dear Stefan,

I have just tried reproducing your problem by loading your .kml into Google Earth, re-exporting it and loading it into gvSIG, with the same results. I had the same issue after 1) starting from scratch and producing a new .kml file and 2) drawing a polygon and exporting that. gvSIG gave me the sane error in both cases and did not display the data.

I know I am not really meant to mention other GIS software on this list, but I have recently had to export a large number of polygons from Google Earth and turn them into shapefiles. The way I did this was to export them as .kml and then to upload them into Quantum GIS, which, if you enable the "on the fly projection" in the project properties, allows you to display the .kml files and to save them as shapefiles. I guess that would be a workaround you could use in case the problem with gvSIG persists. You can always import your shapefiles produced in QGIS into your gvSIG project and carry on...

All best,

Anna