[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.10 RC2 available

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 07:53:30 CEST 2010

Hi Simon,

> B) Does gvSIG 1.10 RC1 now make OADE 2010 redundant (apart from the
> fact that
> OADE bundles with a range of other plug-ins)?

The OADE is produced primarily for use at OA, but we release
new versions of the software to the public as often as we can,
in the hope that they will be useful to others.

At this point, all critical bug fixes for OADE have been integrated
into gvSIG 1.10, but some other modifications have not.
Most notably, the reworked menu structure and support for signed
byte type raster data.

On the other hand, at this point there may be bug fixes in 1.10RC2
which have not yet been integrated back into OADE. We are aiming
to release an update for gvSIG OADE 2010 to close this gap.

We also put work into ensuring that the whole system stays fully
portable (i.e. can be run from an external disk drive and installed
without administrator privileges), and works identically on all
supported operating systems (Linux, Mac OS X and Windows).

Best,

Ben