[Gvsig_english] gvSIG Mobile source, eclipse install + compare SVN <-> ZIP

Schoolmeesters schoolmeesters at gmx.de
Tue Oct 19 18:15:25 CEST 2010

  Dear list and developers,

I've got one fast question (as I am still not completely familar with
the whole source code respectevely with the steps to set up the source
code)

There is a difference between the folders of the source code which can
be downloaded from *SVN*
(http://subversion.gvsig.org/gvSIG-mobile/pilots/branches/pilot2) and in
the *ZIP
*(http://forge.osor.eu/frs/download.php/1041/gvSIG_Mobile_Pilot-0.3-src.zip)

The libraries differ and I just want to know why, especially because
the* _INSTALL.txt_* still says:

        /Checkout as different projects the following folders from the
        pilot2 branch:
        /

            / - appGvsigMobile
              - boot
              - customForms
              - DefaultIcons
              - deploy_Lin_X86
              - deploy_Win_X86
              - deploy_WM5_ARM
              - deploy_WM5_ARM_RXTX
              - libFMap
              - libFmapGpeMobile
              - libGPE
              - libInternationalization
              - libLocation
              - resources
              - rxtx
              - rxtx_gnuio/

Would be nice, if anybody could just tell which folders are needed
necessarily and which are optionally added or would be replaced after
build or something and which are not needed anymore.

Additionally, I would like to know if anybody could explain the
_*INSTALL.txt*_ - some things I already know, with others I am not quite
sure:

        /1) Set workspace Java VM to j2sdk1.4 compliant VM
        (Window->Preferences->Java->Installed JREs).
        /*does this mean:
        install JDK 1.4 and choose the folder here?* *do I need to set
        up an execution environment?* *I've installed JDK 1.4 and 1.5,
        but used 1.6 so far*...*and the program starts without errors.*
        /
        2) Set workspace JDK compliance level to 1.4
        (Window->Preferences->Java->Compiler).
        /*I've set it and use the default compliance settings, right?
        and did not change any other settings. **but there is still a
        warning *"make sure to have a compatible JRE installed and
        activated (currently 1.6)*" ----> what is the consequence? I
        would like to use 1.6 if it's possible.
        I think **I've already asked what the compliance is set for and
        I remember that it is needed by the mobile device, isn't it? But
        if I am using it on Windows only (RunConfig = Win_X86), do I
        still need to set it to 1.4?*
        /
        3) Build boot project (build.xml->right click->Run As->Ant Build)
        /*I could use the old one, too, couldn't I? But I've built it
        and it worked...no problem.*
        /
        4) Add generated boot/deploy/boot.jar to the JRE
        (Window->Preferences->Java->Installed JREs->Edit->Add External
        JARs...).
        /*What will happen if it is missing?* *Do I need to add it to
        the JRE or would it be ok to add it to the Java Build Path of
        the appGvsigMobile project? what's the difference?*
        /
        5) Select all projects and clean (Project->Clean).
        /*That will delete old built files, right? What's the purpose?*/

        6) Now you should be able to build appGvsigMobile project
        (build.xml->right click->Run As->Ant Build).
        /*All files will be created again, right? I've done it so far,
        and it worked..**.just would like to know :)*
        /
        7) Create a new Run configuration for a Java Application
        (Run->Run...->Java Application). Select project appGvsigMobile
        and class Launcher. In the Arguments tab add:
          - Program arguments: m=J9 s=480x600 l=es p="${workspace_loc}"
          - VM arguments: -Xmx256M
        -Djava.library.path=${workspace_loc}/resources/lib/Lin_X86
        *My run config is different as I am using Windows...but that's
        self explaining. Eclipse has to know the start parameters.

        */*What do I have to do to start it on a Windows Mobile Emulator?
        */
        Change the following values according to your targeted
        configuration:
          - m: virtual machine, J9 or PMEA (Phone ME Advance)
          - s: window size, in pixels, in the example above 480x600
          - l: language, in the example above spanish (es)
          - Djava.library.path: should point to the native libraries
        -.dll or .so files- for your OS, it can be Lin_X86 (Linux),
        Win_X86 (Windows) or WM5_ARM (Windows Mobile)

        Run this configuration. Done!/

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Marcel Schoolmeesters