[Gvsig_english] gvsig mobile- unable to edit shapefile

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Thu Oct 21 12:36:35 CEST 2010

Hello, I don't know if you can see that info in gvSIG.

You can guess it by comparing the size of the .shp file after the intersection I described:

- If the resulting .shp file is about 30% smaller than the original, then you have converted a 3D shapefile to a 2D shapefile.

- If the resulting .shp file is 40-50% smaller than the original, then you have probably converted a 4D shapefile to a 2D shapefile (4D shapefiles are even rarer than 3D shapefiles).

- If both .shp files are the same size, then the original was a 2D shapefile.

In this case, the original shp file was 2.58 KB and the resulting shp file was 1.8 KB (decreased by 30.2%)

You can also get that info with FWTools ( http://fwtools.maptools.org ). It's a set of command-line programs. One of them is ogrinfo, this is its output:

====================================
C:\Program Files\FWTools2.4.5>ogrinfo GCS_ggl_SHP.shp
INFO: Open of `GCS_ggl_SHP.shp'
      using driver `ESRI Shapefile' successful.
1: GCS_ggl_SHP (3D Line String)

Regards,
Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---