[Gvsig_english] a wish for a new feature: parallel lines, idea for measure tool...

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at muenchen.de
Thu Sep 2 10:48:44 CEST 2010

Dear list,

a colleague of mine needs to draw lines prallel to existing geometries.
Currently, there is no function in gvSIG that would allow this.
During the 5th gvSIG-confernce, beogis presented the campus extension
which offered exactly this functionality [1] - among many others.
Question for me: are there plans to integrate this functionality in
1.10? I could imagine that this would be interesting for some more users.

Second idea: Sometimes, it would be very helpful if the lines that are
temporarily drawn using the _measure tool_ would remain visible after
switching to another tool (e.g. digitizing tool). Those lines would be a
great help for later digitizing tasks. What do you think about this? Any
suggestions for workarounds to draw parallels?

Best.
Wolfgang

[1]
http://gvsig-desktop.forge.osor.eu/downloads/pub/events/gvSIG-Conference/5th-gvSIG-Conference/Reports/Project_CAMPUS-Land_Cadastre_Maintainence_Tool.pdf

--
Wolfgang Qual

Landeshauptstadt München
Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt
Umweltschutz, Umweltvorsorge
RGU-UW 11
Team Klimaschutz, Energie

Bayerstraße 28a
80335 München

Telefon:  +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 17
Telefax:  +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 05
E-Mail:   wolfgang.qual at muenchen.de
Internet: http://www.muenchen.de/rgu

Bitte beachten Sie die Hinweise zur elektronischen
Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt München:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm