[Gvsig_english] gvSIG: what does "connect directly to" mean??

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Fri Sep 3 11:25:46 CEST 2010

Hi Jorge, dear list!

thanks for the fast answer. This option should allow me to specify
connections to be reached directly, bypassing the proxy. It should be even
possible to specify more than one host: "This is a list of regular
expressions separated by '|'. Any host matching one of these regular
expressions will be reached through a direct connection instead of through a
proxy." [1] In my case, an internal wms-service (intranet) has the address:

http://wms.rgu.muenchen.de/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/path/to_the_map.map

Therefore, I assume that it should be sufficient, if I would add "
http://wms.rgu.muenchen.de" into the field "connect directly to" within the
proxy-settings dialogue. For the rest, I added the proxy-address and port.

Using these settings, I was able to connect to addresses using the proxy.
However, it is not possible to connect to those internal wms-services -
although the option was set as described above.

If the proxy-setting is removed, it is possible to conenct to internal
address. Strange...

Any ideas?

Best,
Wolfgang