[Gvsig_english] ArcSDE connections in gvSIG [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce Bannerman B.Bannerman at bom.gov.au
Fri Sep 3 23:49:49 CEST 2010

Paul,

I haven't looked at this myself yet, however a common problem that clients have when connecting to ArcSDE is the issue of versions (ESRI software included).

I found from bitter experience that you need the ensure that your client software is precisely the same version as the ArcSDE version. That gets down to Major Version, Minor Version, Service Pack and Patch.

So for example, if you are using ArcSDE 9.3 SPn Patch n, you really need to ensure that your client software is also using the same version.

You will see conflicting advice on ESRI's forums, but the advice above came from an ESRI support call. It enabled us (at a previous organisation) to establish a robust and very stable environment.

So, what does this mean for gvSIG:

I'd try getting the ArcSDE jar files for the version of ArcSDE that you are using.