[Gvsig_english] editing with WFS-T

GeoGEOrge awmlamp at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 16:27:31 CEST 2010

I am trying to decide between using uDig or svSIG to do WFS-T editing.
UDig WFS-T editing is straightforward, you start editing, make changes, and
then commit those changes to save them and make them available on the
server.
I am very impressed with the additional functionality available in gvSIG,
but the requirement to enter the number of minutes that I am going to be
WFS-T editing before i begin is VERY awkward.
The 1.10beta version also does not seem to work with GeoServer 2.0.2, while
uDig 1.2.0 works fine.
Has anyone had success using svSIG WFS-T with GeoServer? I really would
rather use svSIG, but I feel like uDIG is going to better serve my needs at
the moment.