[Gvsig_english] Eclipse RCP with gvSIG

Cèsar Ordiñana cordinyana at gvsig.com
Wed Apr 6 08:40:38 CEST 2011

Hi Tobias,

El 06/04/11 07:35, Neumann, Tobias escribió:

> Hello,
>
> I am interested in your experiences with the gvSIG software embedded
> in Eclipse RCP. I want to start up a project using these technologies.
> Anyone did this before? Are there some points I have to focus on?

I don't know if someone has tried something like that before. Take into
account that the gvSIG interface is based in java AWT and Swing
libraries. I have no idea if you can mix easily Swing and eclipse RCP
components, as they are very different technologies.

If that is not possible or easy, you could use the gvSIG libraries and
implement by yourself the map rendering components, but that would be a
lot of work indeed.

I think it would be far easier to personalize the gvSIG application to
your needs, the gvSIG plugins mechanism allows to change a lot of gvSIG
user interface settings without needing to touch the core gvSIG code. If
even that is not an option, you could use the Netbeans RCP which is
swing based and I suppose much easier to integrate with.

Cèsar Ordiñana Navarro
gvSIG software architect
DiSiD Technologies (http://www.disid.com)