[Gvsig_english] gvSIG Mini - Proposal for GSoC 2011

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Apr 8 12:26:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

Mapserver and Geoserver WMS servers do both support KML as one of the outputformats. Perhaps they could be used as vector sources?  For the professional use in Europe the next goal might be to aim at using WFS and GML3, the INSPIRE way for vector download services.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

	Fernando P. Llácer  wrote:

	Hi all,

	my name is Fernando and I've applied for a GSoC project for gvSIG Mini: "Add vectorial support for gvSIG Mini" [1]. This project will enable gvSIG Mini to load
	vectorial data such as KML and GPX.

	I have filled the registration form according to the idea proposed by the mentor Alberto Romeu in [2].

	I will be pleased if anybody has any other suggestion to add to my project plan, I can update it until tomorrow.

	Best regards,

	[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/fpllacer/1
	[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_GSoC_2011_Ideas

	Fernando Pinotti Llacer.