[Gvsig_english] Creating new layer--specific lines

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Apr 21 06:36:09 CEST 2011

Hi,

I would first have a try with another software and report on gvSIG list
if it had suitable tools for you.  Kosmo GIS (www.opengis.es) has a CAD
tool extension and I have a feeling that those tool could give some help
for your. CAD tools extension is not activated by default but you can
turn them on through a menu.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

triestem wrote:

> Hello!  I'm sorry if this question is hopelessly unchallenging.

> I'm trying to create a new layer--I have two point locations, and I
need
them to be connected by a line that is exactly 180 degrees--but only so
that
I can then create lines going through those points at exactly 90 degrees
from the first line.  Does that make sense?  I need one line through
each
point, each line perfectly perpendicular to the axis that's created by
connecting the two points.  I've been eyeballing this with the draw
tools,
but haven't been able to figure out how to make it more accurate, but I
figure there must be a way.

> I have looked through the manual, and attempted to follow the
instructions
for entering commands, but nothing good came out of it.  If anyone could
offer any tips or tricks, I'd really appreciate it.