[Gvsig_english] Install gvSIG on Windows CE 6.0

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Tue Aug 2 09:31:43 CEST 2011

Hello, Cristian. You can download here two little files that should allow you to start gvSIG Mobile without the EXE file:

http://www.prodevelop.es/files/fm/public/downloads/jldominguez/start_gvsigmobile_on_phoneme_without_exe.zip

I am assuming that you are using the binaries I provided yesterday, which had some other changes for the Leica Windows CE devices.

The TXT file must me in the \gvSIGMobile folder. The other is a LNK file can be anywhere (for example in the desktop)

Using the EXE file has the advantage that when you click on it (and it works), it searches for a current instance of gvSIG Mobile among the system's windows. If there is one, then that window is sent to the front of the stack of windows. This prevents the user from starting the application twice and lets you switch to the application quickly.

So starting the app with a LNK is less comfortable because you might start the application twice and also because in some cases there is no way to switch to gvSIG Mobile, so you should not minimize it.

But I think Windows CE 6.0 shows a button in the bottom bar for every running application (like Windows XP) so you still can switch to gvSIG Mobile after starting it with the LNK and minimizing it.

By the way, what's the difference between Leica Zeno and your Leica CS? They look very much the same.

Regards,
Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)