[Gvsig_english] WFS services

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Aug 3 09:10:19 CEST 2011

Hi,

I made a couple of tests.  GvSIG is sending the GetFeature request for the [2] as well and server is sending the GML back.  However, the result is not parsed.  I suppose this is because there are attributes like this in the layer schema:
<xs:element name="CAT" type="xs:short"/>

I suppose gvSIG WFS is based on deegree and deegree did not parse the xs:short.  It has corrected in deegree just lately.

Your servise [2] works with Kosmo 2.0.1 which is patched to parse xs:short.

The error can be in something else, but a bug in schema parsing is my guess.

By the way, it would be good to let user select lower WFS version than the maximum supported by the server. WFS 1.0.0 may sometimes work even 1.1.0 fails.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

 ernesto sferlazza wrote:

> Hello, I have produced some WFS services (using ArcGIS Server), and
> ancountered the following problem using them on gvSIG:
> if I try with WFS services concerning linear features, it works if the
> WFS version is 1.0.0 [1], whereas it doesn't work if the version is
> 1.1.0 [2].
> For polygons [3] and points, it works with both versions.
> I used gvSIG 1.11 on windows XP
> Is it a bug?

[1] http://wms.pcn.minambiente.it/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms_ogc/wfs/rete_stradale_wfs_f33.map&
[2] http://www.provincia.agrigento.sitr.it/ArcGIS/services/grafo_WFS/MapServer/WFSServer
(it works correctly using ArcGIS Deskop)
[3] http://www.provincia.agrigento.sitr.it/ArcGIS/services/ImpBirdAreas/MapServer/WFSServer

Best regards

--
ing. Ernesto Sferlazza
responsabile nodo provinciale di Agrigento del SITR Sicilia