[Gvsig_english] Interesting extensions - has anyone tested them?

Andrés Maneiro amaneiro at icarto.es
Wed Aug 3 19:03:12 CEST 2011

Hello Wolfgang,

On 03/08/11 13:31, Wolfgang Qual wrote:
> http://forge.osor.eu/plugins/wiki/index.php?id=194&type=g
> Some additional CAD tools for editing geometries. Some functions are new
> but: has anyone tested it on the latest version of gvSIG?

Yep, it works like a charm in gvSIG 1.11 :)

If you follow the instructions to include it in your own gvSIG installation and
have any doubt, don't hesitate to ask through this mailinglist. As it's an
extension maintained by cartolab team [1], I'll let them to explain any further
info you may want to know. Just giving now a bit of context as I know these days
some member of the team is on vacations and others are hard-working and maybe
missed the mail.

[1] http://www.cartolab.es/

> * Fonsagua
> http://cartolab.udc.es/cartoweb/fonsagua/application/how-to/
> This extension provides (among others) a functionality to create user
> defined forms for entering data.
> Sounds great, but does it work on newer versions of gvSIG (1.10/1.11)?
> Anyone out there, who tested this? Status of development?

I was also part of the team developing this project. Specifically, I was the own
who led the development of the tool to generate the forms.

Long story short: that project was the beginning of a library named
navtableforms, which allow developers to easy build their survey forms for
gvSIG. If you are interested in knowing the background and history, please,
visit here: http://forge.osor.eu/plugins/wiki/index.php?history&id=122&type=g

We [2] are working with this extension to get ready more projects like Fonsagua.
At least 5 more projects with different and complex forms were already developed
with it and we plan to continue supporting the library in the future, so it's
possible to say that it's actively maintained :)

In case you are interested, here more info:

- The development activity of the extension is openly discussed in
navtable-devel mailinglist: http://lists.forge.osor.eu/listinfo/navtable-devel

- Here the current status and some useful resources:
http://forge.osor.eu/plugins/wiki/index.php?NavTableForms&id=122&type=g

Hope that solve your doubts, but don't hesitate asking for more info in case of
need.

best,
amaneiro

[2] www.icarto.es