[Gvsig_english] Interesting extensions - has anyone tested them?

Francisco Puga fpuga at cartolab.es
Thu Aug 4 19:13:01 CEST 2011

Hi Wolfang,

Andrés explains nicely your first question :)

2011/8/4 Wolfgang Qual <Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net>:
> thanks for your fast answer. Looks great, but is there also an English
> description? What I noticed: if you draw a non-regular polygon, there's no
> context menu any more, all information is included in the "command line".

I think this is already fixed in the development version. Please test
it from here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2131623/com.iver.cit.gvsig.cad.zip

(Remove the com.iver.cit.gvsig.cad folder in your gvSIG installation
and use this)

Notice also, in "edition properties" the option to "active remove last
vertex with the right button of the mouse". If you enable it, you lost
the context menu but with the right button but you gain remove the
last point added in a comfortable way. To end the geometry you can
press "space"

> Cut polygon seems to be the same as split polygon (which was developed for
> our administration), but seems to be a bit more easy to use. But what can be
> done with "snappers" and "follow geometry"?

If you have many layers where are able to snapped the system becomes
really slow. The "snappers" buttons allow you disable them temporally
to increment the performance.

"follow geometry" allows digitalize a geometry following exactly
other. I just record a screencast to show how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cKvfMyeN0k

--
Francisco Puga
Grupo de Desarrollo

ETS Ingeniería de Caminos, Canales y Puertos
Universidade da Coruña
Campus de Elviña - 15071 A Coruña (España)
(34)981167000 ext. 5493