[Gvsig_english] gvSIG magazine article suggestions

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at gvsig.com
Wed Aug 17 10:11:57 CEST 2011

El 17/08/11 09:58, symbian11 escribió:
> Hi,
>
> The german magazine GIS.business regularly reports on new GIS products, and
> the trio -
> gvSIG Desktop/mobile/mini - has been chosen to be included in the next issue
> of the magazine (October).
>
> The report (4-6 pages) will be based on the available software documentation
> and personal experiences.
> Nonetheless it could happen that some nifty features remain undiscovered.
> So... it would be
> great if you could post features that set gvSIG apart from other GIS
> products, if you know some.
> Especially some outstanding extensions would be interesting.
>
> The report will include some basic information about OS and mobile GIS,
> followed by an introduction of
> gvSIG. There will also be a demonstration of one or two features (e.g.
> analysis tools) --> suggestions are welcome on that. Finally there is a
> wishlist that concludes the article. So you have the chance to post your
> personal request list here and some wishes might be published.
>
> regards, and thanks for your help, Chris

Hi Chris, that's really good news!

Apart from other experiences and comments I think it would be great if
yo took a look on the Case Studies section[1] of the gvSIG Outreach
portal with some good examples of how gvSIG products are being used
around the world on very different projects.

You can take a look also on the materials from the second gvSIG Day[2],
specially the workshop "gvSIG Community and how to participate".

Best regards and keep us informed!! :-)

[1]
http://www.gvsig.org/web/docusr/divulgacion/ponencias/2011-1/view?set_language=en
[2] http://outreach.gvsig.org/case-studies