[Gvsig_english] Reprojecting vector from ESRI 102067

Lucie Prunarová lprunarova at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 17:35:44 CET 2011

Hi,

I have problem with reprojecting vector layers from ESRI 102067 to EPSG
23033 and back and also EPSG 2065 to EPSG 23033 and back. Below is
description of my concrete problem.

I have some shp files in projection Krovak, which is quite strange
projection with nonmathematical axis (positive Y-axis leads west and
positive X-axis leads south), in ESRI dataset it has code 102067 and in
this definition it's dealed like mathematical system with negative
coordinates and switched axis.
I want to reproject layer from ESRI 102067 to EPSG 23033 (UTM33). When I
tried to do it, the reprojection doesn't work at all and the coordinates
are totally wrong (for example point with original coordinates -739551.22,
-1033348.83 should be in UTM33 460586.2, 5558515.7, but in gvSIG
coordinates in UTM are 1555602.3, 7823993.75).
I also tried to reproject it back to the original projection ESRI 102067,
but the result layer wasn't the same as the original one. ESRI 102067
projection uses negative values for coordinates and when I tried to
reproject it to EPSG 23033 and back, the values were wrong and Y coordinate
had positive value (-672623.34, 1077849.35).
I compared definitions of both of the projections with definitions from
spatialreference.org, exactly [1<http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/23033/>],
[2 <http://spatialreference.org/ref/esri/102067/>], and it looks the same
as definition in gvSIG.

I tried to assign another projection to my data which has EPSG code, in the
case that there is problem with ESRI codes (EPSG code 2065 - is very
similar to ESRI 102067, but the primery meridian is other), then
reprojected to EPSG 23033 (strange is, that the result coordinates are the
same like when the original layer was in other projection, which shouldn't
be I thing, when the definitions are different). So the result coordinates
are also wrong. When reprojecting back from 23033 to 2065, there is the
same problem like in previous example (wrong coordinates, Y axis positive).

I tried also make another layer with only positive values of coordinates
and reproject it from EPSG 2065 to EPSG 23033 and it worked good, the
coordinates after rereprojecting were the same like before. Then I tried
make another layer with only negative values and the problem was there
again. So it looks like there is some problem with negative signs and some
other which I don't know.

Does somebody knows, when could be the problem? I would appriciate every
hints.

Thanks,
Lucie