[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 USB: Strange behaviour opening projects XP/WIN7

spatialjoe spatialjoe at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 9 11:31:55 CET 2011

Hi list,

I am in the middle of a layout project which I started last year on my old
XP Computer using 1.9USB.
All my data, legends, project files etc. are stored on an external harddrive
which I connect via USB.
Now I am using a new computer with WIN 7 and encountered some strange
behaviour of the project files.
Opening projects with 1.9 USB on the new machine causes the view to fail. I
loose all layers and all spatial bookmarks. An empty map layout is the only
feature I can load.
Opening the same project file with exactly the same 1.9 version on my old XP
machine causes no troubles.
Needless to say that my external harddrive always has the same drive letter
("L:") assigned. So, theoretically no messing around with absolute/relative
paths.
Maybe somebody understands the attached logfile?
Any Ideas what's going wrong?

Best,

Johannes

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6007130/gvSIG19USBWIN7.log