[Gvsig_english] Problems with printing and exporting a map containing data from a geodatabase

georgsedlmeir georg.sedlmeir at muenchen.de
Wed Feb 16 12:20:55 CET 2011

Dear community members,
using gvSIG 1.10 I connected to a geoDB of our local land survey office in
Munich to retrieve a single polygon layer of data and created a map
consisting of only that one layer, making use of standard symbols for
visualization.
However, neither printing nor exporting the map was possible. Trying to
export the map brought up an error message console with the java stacktrace
contained in the attached file stacktrace_export.txt.
Trying to print the map gave a similar result, with the error message (shown
in stacktrace_print.txt) being slightly different.
Besides, a look into the logfile reveals a warning message repeating over
and over during the session, as shown in attached file gvSIG_kopie.log.

After converting the geoDB layer to a shapefile and using that one for
display both printing and exporting worked.

Maybe someone has experienced that issue too? Despite the existing
workaround a solution would be much appreciated, since it's much more
convenient to work with data from the geodatabase instead of being forced to
make a local copy via the export function.

Best,
Georg Sedlmeir

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6031316/stacktrace_export.txt
stacktrace_export.txt