[Gvsig_english] 3D Extension. CALL FOR TESTING

Jordi Torres jtorresfabra at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 13:37:42 CET 2011

Hi Nicklas,

With no doubt the best cards to use with linux are NVIDIA one's. Their
private drivers runs like a charm in linux machines. And they are a couple
of steps advanced with respect to ATI, at least in linux...

The problem you are experiencing is that gvSIG 3D can't find your libGL.so.1
implementation (usually in /usr/lib/ ). It has been fixed for Mesa drivers,
but not for ATI private drivers. You can take a look in the script gvSIG.sh
to see what we do with mesa drivers and try to do something similar. Or you
can, of course, wait for RC1 version.

As ben recommended, take a look to phoronix, and compare chipsets and
drivers.... :)

Cheers.