[Gvsig_english] Installation issue Linux

Jordi Torres jtorresfabra at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 15:45:46 CET 2011

Hi,

I think this issuer is related to your Java installation. Did you install
the openjdk or sun-jre? Try to install gvSIG 1.10 with prerrequisites[1], as
the JVM is included in the distribution. Make sure your are using the JVM
included with the distribution.

Cheers.

[1]
http://forge.osor.eu/frs/download.php/1277/gvSIG-1_10-1264-final-lin-i586-withjre-j1_5.bin

2011/1/17 .Org.Com <dotorgdotcom at googlemail.com>

> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Benjamin Ducke
> <benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk> wrote:
> > Can you resize the dialog? Does that repaint it and
> > make it look better?
>
> No.
>
> > Seems to me there is a problem
> > with the new installer software on Ubuntu 10.10.
> > If you can get gvSIG to install on a different Linux
> > distribution, then you can just copy the installation
> > directory over to your 10.10 machines.
>
> I don't have any other distribution at present.
>
> Even I tried lower version gvSIG-1_9-linux-i586-withjre.bin and found
> same problem.
>
> --
> H.S.Rai
> .Org.Com

Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial
http://www.ai2.upv.es