[Gvsig_english] Fwd: PostGis + 3D extension

Jordi Torres jtorresfabra at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 16:03:08 CET 2011

Hi Nicklas,

What I meant is that a polygon is a two-dimensional shape, enclosing an area
with its vertices that is in the same plane, coplanar. If you don't define
your polygons this way it's impossible to know how to tesellate and render
it. I don't know about the specification of polygons in postgis, but maybe
it's up to the user to define its vertices correctly. I found this[1] in the
postgis doc, see point 4.3.5, maybe it helps.

Greetz.

[1]