[Gvsig_english] joining two geometries or more from oracle

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Fri Jul 1 08:04:46 CEST 2011

Hello,
I have not checked but I think this is what is happening:

It seems like your Oracle Spatial table has 3D polygons. The join operation in converting them to a 2D polygon which the Oracle Spatial databse rejects to write in a 3D geometries table.

I thought the Oracle Spatial driver was already checking this and added z = 0 for any 2D geometry being written to a 3D table, but obviously this is not happening. This problem should be addressed by preserving the dimensions in the join operation.

If you use 2D geometries you should not face this problem again. We'll fix this issue in gvSIG 1.12

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)