[Gvsig_english] gvSIG user manual, a few remarks

Simon Cropper scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Wed Jul 20 08:12:04 CEST 2011

On 20/07/11 15:38, Simon Cropper wrote:
> On 20/07/11 15:25, Klaus Schaefer wrote:
>> /"In addition, this afternoon we've uploaded the gvSIG 1.11 manual in pdf
>> format, in English..."/
>>
>> That's good news!!! I've been waiting for this so long. Congratulation!!!
>>
>> Will download immediatly...
>>
>> Best regards
>> Klaus
>>
>> --
>
> It took me a while to figure where you put the link.
>
> Found it on the main download page. Might I suggest a link on the page
> where the html version of the manual exists.
>
> http://forge.osor.eu/docman/view.php/89/706/gvSIG-1_11-man-v1-en.pdf
>
> *Take care* it is 19.1 MB in size

Hi,

Some quick observations.

1. Some sections are pretty sparse. Essentially the just list what a
button does. It does not show any examples or explain how the dialog
works (e.g. Jython Console, Command Console).
2. Numerous images are *still* in Spanish.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper
    Principal Consultant