[Gvsig_english] gvSIG user manual, a few remarks

Simon Cropper scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Wed Jul 20 16:09:54 CEST 2011

On 20/07/11 21:29, Mario Carrera wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> this is a first version of the manual, with the translation of the text.
> Next step is to update the screenshots, they are working on it now.
> We'll publish a second version with the rest of the screenshots in English.

I'll look forward to this.

> About the Command Console section, the different commands are explained
> at the tools sections. For every tool it explains what commands you can
> use. Are you referring on it?

OK, found this.

It would be good if the Command Console section had every command and
its syntax listed, with a  brief explanation of it use.

> In reference to the Jython console, there was a small tutorial for gvSIG
> 1.0. It's available from
> http://forge.osor.eu/docman/view.php/89/359/gvsig-1_0-scripting-tutorial-v2-en.zip.
> It hasn't changed a lot, but we're going to update it and publish the
> new one.

Yeah I have seen this, not much use.

An tutorial needs to be developed that demonstrates practical
application in real time of this scripting language.

Like a python console you should be able to discover links, extract data
and manipulate objects in the application. Little or no information is
provided to show how someone can do this.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper
    Principal Consultant