[Gvsig_english] gvSIG user manual, a few remarks

Simon Cropper scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Fri Jul 22 16:41:52 CEST 2011

On 22/07/11 21:52, Mario Carrera wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> we've linked the pdf version where the html version is.

That will help. Thanks.

> About the size of the pdf file, we have to reduce the number of colours
> of the big images, but it will take more time.

No problem. I don't particularly think the file is big, it is just when
providing a direct link to the PDF it is worth noting the size so people
know what to expect.

I have not tried to print the file but size savings can be made by
creating 150dpi images rather than 600dpi images. Good for the screen
but lousy for printing. Maybe you could have a ebook version and a
higher resolution suitable for printing.

If needed I can point you to a program that you can use to do this
automatically. I use it on my website to convert all my screen images
before creating my PDFs.

Out of curiosity how did you create the PDF? Did you cut-and-paste the
text then insert the images or use an automatic process?

[snip]

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper