[Gvsig_english] gvSIG user manual, a few remarks

Simon Cropper scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Mon Jul 25 16:08:53 CEST 2011

On 25/07/11 23:19, Mario Carrera wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> to create the pdf file, we saved the manual to html from the website,
> and then we inserted it as a file in a template (an odt file). It
> exports the html and a folder with all the images. Then, from OpenOffice
> we export it to pdf.
>
> What program do you use for it?

My source documents are my html webpages - text, images and css style.

These are converted from html to pdf using xhtml2pdf.

As image resolution, colour, transparency and format is different for
html pages and pdf, I use 'convert' from the imagemagik library to
optimise the images for incorporation into my pdf.

The process is automated with a script (bash + python). I now use this
script to manage the creation and maintenance of all my source tutorials
and their derived pdfs.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper