[Gvsig_english] gvsig mobile display coordinates

Tom rockclimber tomrockclimber at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 19:15:02 CEST 2011

I'd rather have UTM, but I can live with lat/long.
thanks.

Tom

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 14:17:54 +0200
From: "Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio" <jldominguez at prodevelop.es>
Subject: Re: [Gvsig_english] gvsig mobile display coordinates
       <gvsig_internacional at listserv.gva.es>

Hello, Tom

I'm sorry you cannot have the view in EPSG:32610 and see the coordinates in
EPSG:4326.

As you say, the only exception to that is that the coordinates of waypoints
are stored in lat/lon. We do this because the conversion to another
projection is usually subject to a small error, o we prefer to store the
coordinates exactly as delivered by the GPS.

If you wish to see the cordinates in lat/lon you might reproject your ECW
image to EPSG:4326 (in this case there's no error in the conversion, by the
way). You can do this with FWTools http://fwtools.maptools.org. You only
need to type these two commands in the DOS-like window (Windows) or terminal
(Linux):

gdalwarp -r cubic -s_srs epsg:32610 -t_srs epsg:4326 image32610.ecw
image4326.tif
gdal_translate -of ecw image4326.tif image4326.ecw

The input image being image32610.ecw
the output image being image4326.ecw

Then set your view to EPSG:4326 and everything will be in lat/lon

Regards
Juan Lucas Dom?nguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (Espa?a)