[Gvsig_english] Problem building gvSIG Mini for Android

Antonio Pala apala at unica.it
Thu Jun 30 11:42:34 CEST 2011

Dear list,

I hope I am posting this question in the right place; I have found a
similar question in this mailing list's archives.

I'm trying to build gvSIG Mini for Android, following the tutorial at
https://confluence.prodevelop.es/display/GVMN/How+to+build+the+gvSIG+Mini+workspace+in+Eclipse
.
I have installed the required software: Android SDK, Eclipse, Maven, and
the Eclipse plugins. I have then checked out the indicated projects from
the Subversion repository and downloaded the main pom.xml file. Finally,
I have configured the environment and Eclipse for running Maven. (Well,
actually, I found that the required M2_REPO variable was already present
and seems to have the right value. I suppose it was set by the Eclipse
Maven plugin?)
For one thing, according to the tutorial, at this point I should have a
"gvSIG Mini lib" folder, but I see a "gvSIG Mini 1.2.0" instead. (I also
have a "gvSIG Mini" folder, as expected.)
Then, when I try to execute the next step of the tutorial (run "*mvn
clean install -DskipTests=true*" at the command line), I get the
following output:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project
es.prodevelop.gvsig.mini:gvsig-mini-standard:0.3-SNAPSHOT (C:\Documents
and Settings\Administrator\Documenti\progetti\LBS
PRIN\sviluppo\android\pom.xml) has 3 errors
[ERROR] Child module C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Documenti\progetti\LBS
PRIN\sviluppo\android\.\es.prodevelop.gvsig.mini.compat.j2se\pom.xml of
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Documenti\progetti\LBS
PRIN\sviluppo\android\pom.xml does not exist
[ERROR] Child module C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Documenti\progetti\LBS
PRIN\sviluppo\android\.\es.prodevelop.tilerastercache\pom.xml of
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Documenti\progetti\LBS
PRIN\sviluppo\android\pom.xml does not exist
[ERROR] Child module C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Documenti\progetti\LBS
PRIN\sviluppo\android\.\es.prodevelop.tilerastercache.wms\pom.xml of
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Documenti\progetti\LBS
PRIN\sviluppo\android\pom.xml does not exist
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
-e switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException

I have highlighted what seems to be the main problem to me: three of the
sub-projects are missing their pom.xml file.

Could someone please point out to me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you for your help,

Antonio Pala