[Gvsig_english] Query on why gvSIG CE came about

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Thu Jun 30 17:17:23 CEST 2011

Dear Amelia, dear all.

a short comment regarding the language aspect: you are right, gvSIG has
improved a lot. The program is now available in many languages. This is
great, no doubt. We also contributed a little bit to improve the German
translation. Another aspect that should not be forgotten is the
"infrastructure", e.g. the bug tracker. I have stopped reading those
messages in the past, as many of them were only available in Spanish
language. I guess it has improved in the meantime. Another little issue: the
start page of gvsig.org opens in Spanish language. It would feel more
international, if it would be in English. But this is just my opinion.

One thing that I do like regarding the gvSIG CE "team": within a very short
period, some very interesting infrastructure was set up: easy-to-use wiki,
forum, webpage. Breath-taking. I used the plone website for translating
parts of the manual, but I always found it a little bit too complicated to
use.

Best,
Wolfgang