[Gvsig_english] Can GvSig covert from SVG file to Shape file ?

Arulalan T arulalant at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 13:56:19 CET 2011

Dear All,

I am newbie to this list and as well as newbie to GvSig...

Is there any possible to pass the map.svg as input to gvsig and get it as
shape (shp) file ? If this is possible, then it is fantastic one.

Or I have the world map shape file, and opening it via gvsig and can I edit
any particular continent region alone and save it separate shp file ...

I cant get / download the english manual of gvsig.

I installed gvSIG_10 version in my ubuntu10.10 system.

Any help or suggestion may help me a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Arulalan.T
Project Associate
Centre for Atmospheric Sciences