[Gvsig_english] QUESTION: Spatialite Support?

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 11:29:13 CET 2011

Yes, unfortunately this code was produced with
some time-limited GSoc funding and due to some
unforeseen technical difficulties, it could not
be quite finished. I'd love to see a backport of
this (at least the basic SpatiaLite support) to
gvSIG 1.x. Surely, SpatiaLite is the no. 1 contender
for a universal Shapefile replacement at the moment.

It would also allow a much more seamless interface
with GRASS GIS for vector processing.

For the time being, one option could be to use the
SEXTANTE/GRASS interface and v.in.ogr/v.out.ogr with
Sqlite3 support in the OGR library. But that's not nearly
as efficient as having direct support for it in gvSIG.

Best,

Ben