[Gvsig_english] Can GvSig covert from SVG file to Shape file ?

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Wed Mar 9 09:19:20 CET 2011

Dear Arulan,

I'll try to answer some of your questions...

>Is there any possible to pass the map.svg as input to gvsig and get it as
>shape (shp) file ? If this is possible, then it is fantastic one.
I fear that this is not possible. It would be possible to rectify an image
within gvSIG, though.

>Or I have the world map shape file, and opening it via gvsig and can I edit
>any particular continent region alone and save it separate shp file ...
If this was a question: of course, this is possible! Add this shapefile to
the view. Use the select tool to select the region of desire, go to layer >
Export to.. > Shapefile.
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6152857/layer_export.jpg

>I cant get / download the english manual of gvsig.
Visit this page: http://www.gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-desktop/docs/user
I fear that not all content is available in English language (but I did not
check it) for gvSIG 1.9 / 1.10

Hope that helps.
Wolfgang