[Gvsig_english] gvSIG freezes while editing a legend for a layer in a view

georgsedlmeir georg.sedlmeir at muenchen.de
Thu Mar 10 14:58:57 CET 2011

Dear list,

we keep encountering problems with editing legends for shapefile layers.

gvSIG randomly freezes when we try to assign a new color to an existing
symbol in the dialog "Symbol Selector", after hitting the button used to
select the color in the "options" fieldset.
The legend is of the "Unique Values" type with an attribute as the
classification field, there are 10 different symbols. The error has occured
twice as of now  and makes it necessary to kill gvSIG to terminate the
session.

Please find attached the gvSIG logfile from the corresponding session
(gvSIG_legend_error.log)

Plus, we noticed some strange behavior in general regarding the
synchronization between the layer list and the actual content visible in the
view, and we suppose that the above error and this observation are somehow
connected:
If you apply a legend setting to a layer but leave the editor window open
and then select another layer by clicking on it in the layer list, the
previously edited legend seemingly gets applied to the currently selected
layer, but only in the layer list on the left side of the view, not in the
actual map content displayed in the view window. The attempt to draw the
currently selected layer with the newly "pasted" legend is bound to fail of
course because it doesn't contain the classification field indicated in the
legend definition "copied" from the previous layer.
So something is not in sync between the content in the layer list and the
actual view, and actually you'd expect either a warning or a reset of the
legend editor if you try to switch to another layer.

To illustrate the issue I've attached two more files: The gvSIG logfile
gvSIG_strange_legend.log from the corresponding session and a screenshot
strange_legend.png depicting what's described above. Any help or suggestions
would be much appreciated, thank you very much.

Best,
Georg

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6157797/gvSIG_legend_error.log
gvSIG_legend_error.log